Monday, April 8, 2013

Grand Avenues Mall Kuwait

Now this wasn't my first time at Grand Avenues, but it was my first time exploring the WHOLE thing. This mall is an addition to the Avenues mall..for the wealthy. High-end stores fill the establishment: from Prada, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, and more.

The other day I met an expat from NY while shopping at the local grocery store. He was asking ME for directions around...had I gone from newbie not knowing anything about this country to someone who looked like they had the answers? So we chatted a bit, finding out he used to live in one of the Oranges in NJ and hasn't really made friends outside of work yet. So, we exchanged numbers and I told him I would show him around like someone did for me when I first arrived. The chosen place: Avenues mall. Kuwait's largest, most diverse mall containing 3 starbucks, IKEA, 2 H&M's, and as I mentioned, some other very expensive shops.

After we explored, shopped, and had lunch at good 'ole Texas Roadhouse, we took a trip back to Fahaheel. Where he was going to show me a fresh juice place I didn't know about that he discovered. It was small and didn't even look like it made juices. With shawarma being their main dish served, but if you looked closely (and know what you're looking for) you'd see a giant, silver juicing machine that made freshly juiced sugar cane. Never in my life have I ever desired to try pure sugar cane, but he kept telling me how beneficial it is for your digestion and other things. So, meehh...I did it. And it was exeptionally tasty! Highly recommended. Not too sweet tasting and not to grassy tasting, with sort of a fresh, smooth taste with no bad after taste!


No comments:

Post a Comment